As 2018 comes to a close and we review what we have accomplished, we are excitedly looking ahead to see what 2019 has in store for us as a company, and for air quality and pollen data. If you have not already tried our API, it's the perfect time to do so. You can start the year by trying something positive for the health and well being of your users, something that will enhance your product value and let you better engage with your users, post-purchase.
So without further ado, let's enjoy the successes of 2018, while we wish you, your families, and customers a happy and successful new year! Here's to lots of clean air to breathe, and of course, the opportunity to integrate BreezoMeter's first-in-class, global APIs for air quality and pollen data into your products.
This is a time for introspection for what we have achieved over the past year, as well as a time to set our goals and plan for the coming year.
For us ’BreezoMeters’ it has been another challenging but successful year, and as we look into 2019, we are so excited for the anticipated growth. Check out some of our accomplishments!
- At the start of 2018, BreezoMeter's API for air quality data was deployed in only 67 countries. Since then we have greatly increased our global coverage. At present, BreezoMeter’s air quality data is available in 80+ countries, which encompasses more than 26,000 cities and 6 billion people who are now able to know what they are breathing in real time. And, of course, our API doesn't cover just cities, but all the rural areas in between, with coverage resolution ranging from 250m-500m, wherever you are looking.
- We also expanded our pollen data, launching our Pollen API v2, which covers 45 countries, including Japan, the USA, and much of Europe, all in one API.
- The BreezoMeter team has grown dramatically, expanding by more than 50% in order to further promote the company mission of improving the lives of billions of people worldwide, by providing intuitive, actionable environmental data. We will be able to reach new customers, improve and expand our product offerings, offer air quality and pollen data to companies in additional industries and in more geographic regions such as the Asian-Pacific region. It's an exciting time to be at BreezoMeter - are you interested in joining the team of ambitious engineers, product specialists, sales and marketing professionals?
- In 2018, we closed a series B round of investment, and thanks to our investors' support we have increased overall funding to US$12.75M. The new fundraising is allowing us to expand our solutions into new markets and reach bigger goals like those listed above.
- This year we experienced exponential growth in the number of API calls our customers placed, with more than one billion API calls per month made by our customers. This is a growth rate of more than 800% in just this year, and it is again proof of this huge opportunity for all of us.
- Last but certainly not least, air pollution a year ago was visible to only a few million people. Thanks to our new customers, our air quality and pollen data is now visible to tens of millions of people worldwide.
As we start 2019, we continue to focus on meeting the ever-changing challenges of big data, machine learning, air pollution, and regulations, as well as increased competition as more companies identify the importance and value of air quality and pollen data that is real-time and location-based (i.e. relevant to real people!).
Let's all try to breathe easy, share our successes of the past year with our loved ones, and continue in our quest to improve the health of billions of people worldwide.
Thank you for a great year and for the years to come.