BreezoMeter and Dermalogica Partner to Educate Consumers on Pollution’s Skin-Aging Effects
The human skin’s absorbent nature makes it incredibly susceptible to the damaging effects of pollution.
We previously discussed the opportunity for the beauty industry to step in and start offering products to combat these negative effects, and now we are officially announcing our partnership with Dermalogica, helping consumers understand their risk of skin-aging due to the air around them.
Here are some facts you may not know about your skin pollution risk:
- For every particle of pollution you see, there are 1 million invisible particles that can enter pores
- Just a few hours of smog exposure can reduce natural antioxidant Vitamin E in skin by 25%
- Air pollution from traffic and soot can increase pigmentation spots by 20%
- Heavy smokers are 5 times more likely to show facial wrinkles than non-smokers
To help educate consumers about the air quality around them in real-time, all the time, Dermalogica has integrated BreezoMeter’s technology into its website www.skinpollution.com, allowing customers from around the world to learn more about air pollution levels. Specifically, the index provides information about location, skin pollution levels, pollution facts, and provides skin recommendations.
In conjunction with the partnership, Dermalogica is launching a new exfoliator, called Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant, which releases powerful enzymes and skin-resurfacing alpha hydroxy acids and activates anti-pollution technology. The product’s activated charcoal works to absorb environmental pollutants, while niacinamide, red algae and tara fruit help fight pollution triggers leading to skin aging.
Interested in integrating air quality data into your product? Get in touch with an air quality specialist.
Together, BreezoMeter and Dermalogica are protecting consumers from the harmful effects of air pollution, while also bringing awareness to our air’s purity, surrounding us every day.
BreezoMeter’s features and technology are available via API, allowing companies across a wide range of industries to create pollution smart online assets, products and apps. The new Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant is available for purchase on Jan. 3, 2017 at Dermalogica.com, Ulta Beauty, Bluemercury, and salons and skin centers nationwide.
- JJ Thiele JJ et al., Ozone depletes tocopherols and tocotrienols topically applied to murine skin
- Valacchi G et al., Ozone potentiates vitamin E depletion by ultraviolet radiation in the murine stratum corneum
- Vierkotter. Airborne Particle Exposure and Extrinsic Skin Aging
- Kadunce DP et al: Cigarette smoking as a risk factor for facial wrinkling